Call for post-doctoral research proposals, 2020
Early-career researchers are invited to submit project proposals to a new fellowship call to implement leading-edge research that contributes to the aim of the Climate Change Initiative (CCI) programme.
To date, the CCI has funded 13 research fellowships to improve and exploit ECV products. Successful research projects will make use of ESA data and Earth Observation assets and be undertaken over a two-year period, starting in January-March 2021. Up to €99000 is available per project which shall be co-funded by a host institution.
Thematic areas of particular interest:
- Exploiting Essential Climate Variable (ECV) products from CCI for improved understanding of climate change.
- Examining cross-ECV consistency and multiple ECV use (those under the CCI Programme in particular)
- Enhancing interactions between CCI members and other Earth science laboratories, research centres and universities
Projects that address cross-ECV research topics are also welcome ranging from teleconnections, tipping points, ice-ocean-atmosphere interactions, ocean surface currents, sea level budget closure, atmospheric trace gases, land-atmosphere exchange, terrestrial hydrology, to climate and human health.
To respond to this call you must submit all of the documents described in Section 2.2 of the Call for Research Proposals (Appendix 1).
This call is open, and proposals may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org until the closing date of 8 August 2020 (at 24:00 CEST).
Research Proposal Package
- Cover letter
- Appendix 1: Call for Research Proposals 2020 (including its Annex A: ESA Climate Change Initiative, Annex B: Proposal Template and Annex C: PSS form)
- Appendix 2: Draft Partnership Agreement