Note that the Water_Vapour_cci datasets will be made publicly available at the end of the project: September 2021.
Earlier access to preliminary datasets can be requested by contacting the two science leads of the team in Contacts.
- CCI TCWV-land
- Total column water vapour over land (CDR-1)
- This vertically integrated (total column) water vapour ECV, in units of kg/m², is a gridded L3 data product over land based on ESA (MERIS, OLCI) and NASA instruments (MODIS). The final dataset covers the period July 2002 to December 2017.
- CCI/CM SAF TCWV-global (COMBI)
- Total column water vapour over land and ocean (CDR-2)
- The CDR-2 dataset is a global, i.e. land and ocean coverage, TCWV product in units of kg/m². It contains the CDR-1 over land, coasts and sea-ice and the HOAPS microwave imager based TCWV data over ocean. The HOAPS data are generated by EUMETSAT CM SAF. CDR-2 is released by the EUMETSAT CM SAF. The final dataset covers the period July 2002 to December 2017.
- CCI WV-strato
- Vertically resolved water vapour in the stratosphere (CDR-3)
- This vertically resolved water vapour ECV is a merged data product based on a range of ESA, third-party and NASA instruments including SAGE II, HALOE, UARS-MLS, POAM III, SAGE III, SMR, SCIAMACHY, MIPAS, Aura-MLS, ACE-FTS, ACE-MAESTRO, and SAGE III/ISS and spans the time period 1985 to the end of 2019. The product is provided as zonal means and in units of ppmv (mixing ratios).
- CCI WV-UTLS
- Vertically resolved water vapour in the upper troposphere and lower stratosphere (CDR-4)
- This CDR consists of three-dimensional vertically resolved water vapour data, covering the troposphere and lower stratosphere from 2010 to 2014. The water vapour is based on IMS, MIPAS, ACE-FTS, ACE-MAESTRO, and Aura-MLS. The global product includes mixing ratios in units of ppmv.