The new ESA CCI SM version, v07.1 is now available! This is the most accurate ESA CCI SM product so far and provides global data from 1978 to 2021. Access and download via the CCI Open Data Portal and take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions and Documentation!
The latest version includes data to 2021-12-31. The algorithm has been updated as follows:
- The new Feng Yun 3D and ASCAT-C sensors have been included
- The model parametrisation of LPRM has been improved in LPRMv7.1. This applies to all passive sensors with the exception of SMOS and SMAP, for which LPRMv06.2 is used
- Day-time observations for all passive sensors have been made available
- A new optional flag for barren grounds has been included
- An intra-annual bias correction method is used for the harmonization of the sensors
- The temporal extent of the products is brought up to the end of 2021