A new paper by Miguel Belenguer-Plomer et. al. has been published in Remote Sensing of Environment. Download the full paper
- A novel, C-band SAR time-series based burned area mapping algorithm is proposed.
- The Reed-Xiaoli detector was used to delineate anomalous SAR changes.
- The most accurate detections were observed over forests, the least over grasslands.
- The results were compared with those from available global burned area products.
- Dual-pass SAR data availability, topography, and soil moisture influenced accuracy.