Analyse, process and visualise climate data
Cate is the Climate Analysis Toolbox of the ESA Climate Change Initiative. It is a cloud-enabled computing environment geared for scientists who need to analyse, process, and visualise ESA’s climate data and other spatiotemporal data.
- Access climate data on Cate directly from the Open Data Portal
- Visualise all CCI datasets, including multi-view window comparisons
- Process and analyse Big data using Python libraries
- Run Cate with Jupyter Notebooks
- Create graphs and plots
- Save the steps of your processing chain
- Save your workspace and return to it later
Use Cate on your internet browser and perform all your data access and processing needs on the cloud.
Direct, online data access
You do not need to download anything on your computer or look elsewhere for climate datasets.
You can also upload your own data onto Cate.
Visualise, process, analyse data
Use Cate Jupyter Lab and Python libraries to save and run your routine, and share it with others.
Cate documentation & tutorials
For documentation and tutorials on how to use Cate, find the online resources here:
Feedback & user community
Report trouble, bugs and feature requests in the Toolbox Issue Tracker
Let us know what you think of your Cate experience by completing the user survey
Send us feedback through the online Helpdesk form
Credits: Software developed by Brockmann Consult. The source code is hosted on GitHub